Paddock trees are critical elements of our landscape, supporting a range of flora and fauna, cultural heritage values and providing ecosystem services such as shade and shelter. and wind protection. The remaining paddock trees across our landscape are under threat. To highlight their importance and encourage the community to protect these precious and much-loved trees, we’ve declared 2019 the Year of the Paddock Tree. This photo competition supports the campaign by encouraging community to connect with their paddock trees through photography.
Categories & prizes
There will be two categories and two winners in each category:
18 and Over Category: Judges’ Favourite and Most Unusual Paddock Tree
Under 18 Category: Judges’ Favourite and Most Unusual Paddock Tree
(Total prize value of $450)
- You don’t have to be a professional to enter, as long as photos are high resolution (2MB or higher) and submitted by 12pm 1st October 2019 to email@example.com
- Winners will be notified by 5pm Friday 11th October 2019.
- Winners will be invited to attend the Year of the Paddock Tree Forum on Monday 21st October 2019 to accept their prize.
- Photographs must be of local native remnant paddock trees, taken within the Goulburn Broken Catchment, Victoria.
- All entrants must submit photos with an entry form.
- The winners and shortlisted entries will be on display at the Year of the Paddock Tree Forum on October 21st, 2019 at Eastbank, Shepparton.
- Entrants may also be published weekly on social media and in print media for promotional purposes.
Entry form and terms and conditions
Please download the forms below for more information.