Vision: A vibrant dynamic community living in a healthy natural environment.
A vibrant proud community:
- Conserving and using our land and water by responsible sustainable farming practices with sound planning for the future.
- Protecting and enhancing our native flora and fauna resources.
- Enhancing lifestyle and quality of life.
Area: 32,306 hectares
Launched: Friday 5th December 2003
Issues covered in the plan:
- Natural assets on public land
- Agricultural Sustainability
- Natural environment
- Waste management/pollution
- Pestplants and animals
- Local community
- Cultural heritage
- In 2003 held a successful irrigation field day looking at improving water use efficiency.
- Working with City of Greater Sheppartonto revegetate suitable roadsides in the area.
- Successfully lobbied for a new mobile phone tower in the area to improve reception.
- Successful in obtaining funding for a weeds awareness campaign in the area.
Priorities for the future:
- Implement a weed awareness campaign in the area and follow up encouraging on ground works.
- Establish a functional Local Area Plan Implementation Committee which best suits local needs.
- Continue roadside revegetation efforts.
- Develop a direct seeding demonstration site and promote as an alternative form of revegetation.
Contact: Local Area Plan - Implementation Officer DPI Tatura (03) 5833 5222