Local Area Planning
A Local Area Plan is a plan complied by the community containing concerns and awareness of environmental and social issues and future economic sustainability of a specified area. The plan includes barriers and solutions to these issues.
Local Area Plans have been described as a ‘road map’- an up to date, yet long term, chart of information to enable anyone at any time to understand how to overcome land and water management issues.
What will Local Area Planning achieve?
The plans endeavour to:
- Identify problem areas and instigate solutions that are achievable,
- Set direction for the community so we work more effectively toward the same result,
- Bring together agencies and community representatives to agree about actions to ensure a more efficient allocation of resources,
- Prioritise areas of need and accelerate on-ground works,
- Clearly define “who should do what” to achieve results,
- Provide a basis for negotiations with various agencies in order to make funding submissions for future projects,
- Improve on what we currently have to become an example to others and to,
- Encourage enthusiasm in the area's youth.
Local Area Planning Areas
Below this map are enlargements of the eight Local Area Planning areas. Click one of these links to view information on the area.