- About Us
- Land and Biodiversity
- Biodiversity Strategy for the Goulburn Broken Catchment
- Policy and Legislation
- Current Projects - Biodiversity
- Land Health
- Climate Change
- General principles
- A Wildlife Guide for Landholders
- Biodiversity Action Planning (BAP)
- Revegetation Guide
- Indigenous Seed Bank
- Conservation Covenants
- Notes Information Series
- Locally native plants suitable for gardening in the Shepparton Region
- Biodiversity Risk Mitigation Protocols for Roadsides
- Biodiversity Monitoring Action Plan (BMAP)
- Waterway and Floodplain Management
- Shepparton East Flood Study
- Regional River Health Strategy
- Program Implementation
- Program Priorities
- The Goulburn River Large Scale River Restoration Project
- Current Projects
- The King Parrot Creek Design Flow Estimates Report
- Barmah Forest and The Living Murray
- Floodplain Management
- Works on Waterways
- Recreational Fishing
- Fire Recovery 2009
- Sustainable Irrigation
- Community Advisory Committees
- Current Projects
- Published Documents
- Annual Reports
- Regional Catchment Strategies
- Catchment Economy
- Floodplain and Drainage
- Corporate Plan
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Strategy
- Pest Plants and Animals
- River Health
- Dryland Salinity
- Irrigation Salinity
- Soil Health Strategy
- Farm Water Program
- Jobs & Tenders
- News & Events
- Landcare Groups
- Local Area Planning
- Goulburn Broken Landcare Stories
- Regional Landcare Facilitator
- Funding Opportunities
- iSpy Catchment Creatures
- Contact Us
- Search & Sitemap
Bunbartha, Kaarimba, Zeerust Local Area Plan
Vision: A vibrant dynamic community living in a healthy natural environment.
A vibrant proud community:
- Conserving and using our land and water by responsible sustainable farming practices with sound planning for the future.
- Protecting and enhancing our native flora and fauna resources.
- Enhancing lifestyle and quality of life.
Area: 32,306 hectares
Launched: Friday 5th December 2003
Issues covered in the plan:
- Natural assets on public land
- Agricultural Sustainability
- Natural environment
- Waste management/pollution
- Pestplants and animals
- Local community
- Cultural heritage
- In 2003 held a successful irrigation field day looking at improving water use efficiency.
- Working with City of Greater Sheppartonto revegetate suitable roadsides in the area.
- Successfully lobbied for a new mobile phone tower in the area to improve reception.
- Successful in obtaining funding for a weeds awareness campaign in the area.
Priorities for the future:
- Implement a weed awareness campaign in the area and follow up encouraging on ground works.
- Establish a functional Local Area Plan Implementation Committee which best suits local needs.
- Continue roadside revegetation efforts.
- Develop a direct seeding demonstration site and promote as an alternative form of revegetation.
Contact: Local Area Plan - Implementation Officer DPI Tatura (03) 5833 5222